changes for consolidation

Reinhard bookreader at gmx.com
Tue Mar 16 04:04:26 PST 2004

On Tuesday 16 March 2004 04:25, Tushar Teredesai wrote:
> Reinhard wrote:
> >directfb fails with a broken (?)
> >kernel-header.
>
> I checked the change you made. IMO, the approach of moving files on the
> system out of the way is not a good one.

I totally agree on that. I didn't know nothing about that package and the
failure and I got the workaround from blfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org
As it worked, I didn't searched for another solution.

> When performing a build, we should not be messing with the system
> at all. If something needs to be fixed, it should be done in the package
> itself. Instead of moving the system library, how about:
>     sed -i "s at wm97xx.h@wm97xxtmp.h at g" configure
>
> I don't install DirectFB, so have not tested it.

I looked at configure from DirectFB, but I found no option to inhibit building
the tablet code.

I'll check it out whether patching configure works too.

Kind regards

Reinhard