Gtk2 and gtk-config

Reinhard bookreader at gmx.com
Mon Mar 15 04:11:04 PST 2004

Thank you Nathan, for your attention.

The deeper I get into [B]LFS, the more I realize, how much I don't know 8-D
I'm trapped by the great disadvantage of the distros - they keep you silly -
and I didn't cared much about working stuff.

> > Does this mean, that each package, running gtk-config needs gtk-1 ?
> >

> GTK2, uses pkgconfig if I recall.  I dont think GTK2 can replace GTK1 like
> you want above.

Thank you for that light.
I thought about GTK2 as a replacement for GTK1 and GTK1 beeing only there for
pretty old packages.

When I got you right, I need both packages?

Kind regards

Reinhard