Gtk2 and gtk-config

Reinhard bookreader at gmx.com
Sun Mar 14 23:22:47 PST 2004

Hello,

how about gtk-config?

After installing gtk2, no gtk-config script exists.
I searched the gtk1-package and realized, that gtk-config is hardcoded to
version 1.2

Does this mean, that each package, running gtk-config needs gtk-1 ?

Or is it possible to provide a similar script for gtk2?
If so, could such a script be added to the gtk2 configure section?

I think it's quite a silly thing, install gtk1 just for having a script called
gtk-config (if the script is not thight to the 1.2 release).

Kind regards

Reinhard