Courier Instructions

DJ Lucas dj at lucasit.com
Sat Mar 6 09:31:12 PST 2004

DJ Lucas wrote:

> Rock on!  Thanks.  Still needs the mime.types file with a default build
> of apache by BLFS for webmail....also, make install still fails as the
> bin user is not created by BLFS default in any of the deps (scripting
> builds)....in the interim, I created it, installed courier, and then
> removed it, then just gave ownership to courier user.
>
> -- DJ

More probs with courier...the script as ships in the tarball is broken.
  Lines 79 and 246, IIRC, call '$sbindir/courier'.  Both should be
changed to '$sbindir/courier/courier'.  But I just rewrote the script in
standard LFS style.  Also, by default courierfilter thows out an error....

/var/run/courierfilter.pid: Permission Denied

permissions for courier user, but the rest of pids and lock files are
made root:root.  ?

-- DJ