MozillaFirebird version increase

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Thu Mar 4 05:20:41 PST 2004

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004, Ken Moffat wrote:

>  Further note before people rush in to this.  The 'mostly ok' meant it
> put out a "sleeping for 5 minutes" message in the xterm I launched it
> from and became effectively dead on some pages.  Later review of the
> output showed a seg fault after a failed assertion.  Bug 234234 raised.
> Today I rebuilt it without debugging symbols - in this situation it just
> dies and vanishes on some pages.  The release still doesn't include its
> own version of libart_lgpl so it won't build with --enable-svg.
>
>  With --enable-optimize='-Os -pipe', --disable-debug, both strip
> options enabled, and the default option for necko, the space used at the
> end of the install is 537924KB which is a bit more managable.
> The installed stuff is primarily 16MB in /usr/include/mozilla-1.6
> (sixteen megs of headers) and 33MB in /usr/lib/mozilla-1.6.  As ever,
> x86 libraries will be smaller.

 An update.  Using the same version of firebird with
binutils-2.14.90.0.8, gcc-3.3.3, gcc-2.3.3-lfs-rc1 it seems to be
working beautifully.  Don't know if somebody fixed the adverts where I
had had problems (www.theregister.co.uk) or if the improved toolchain
has solved it. [ built the -Os --disable-debug version this time. ]

 Now, if only they'd put the svg stuff into the releases.

Ken