XFree-4.4.0 */me hide for rocks and debree*

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Wed Mar 3 12:18:01 PST 2004

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Ken Moffat wrote:

> On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Ronald Hummelink wrote:
>

> > Probably a note why the book does not use the latest release is in place
> > however.
> >

>  Last night I checked out the X.org tree from freedesktop.org.  I'll be
> trying it later this week, all being well.  It's got everything from
> 4.4-rc3 except the stuff under the new licence, which sounds hopeful (I
> seem to need something newer than 4.3 to get my radeon 9200se working).
>
> Ken

 I suppose I  picked a bad time to check it out, needed to #define
BuildXinerama NO to get through it.  Other than that, it builds exactly
as 4.4-rc2 did, and seems similar (understands the radeon 9200se in the
config, gives me the same miniscule fonts).  Good enough for me to quit
XFree86, but until they are ready for a release it probably isn't ready
for the book.

Ken