XFree-4.4.0 */me hide for rocks and debree*

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at swbell.net
Mon Mar 1 19:05:53 PST 2004

Larry Lawrence wrote:

>That said, it is still up to the judgment of the contributor or an
>assisting editor to determine the inclusion/exclusion on technical merit
>and I am sure they would like feedback from the community.

Yes, I'd like feedback on this.  My inital reaction is that we should
just keep 4.3 in the book.  I see no compelling reason to upgrade unless
one has some specific hardware that requires it.  Perhaps the 4.4
instructions should go into a hint.

A note in the book explaining the issue does seem to be appropriate.

  -- Bruce