XFree-4.4.0 */me hide for rocks and debree*

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Mon Mar 1 07:42:18 PST 2004

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Ronald Hummelink wrote:

> On Mon, 2004-03-01 at 15:50, remybosch at zonnet.nl wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > How about an upgrade?

[snip]

> Do we have mirrors providing BLFS sources, this is a hazy (legal) area
> according to senior gentoo people?
>
> Probably a note why the book does not use the latest release is in place
> however.

 Last night I checked out the X.org tree from freedesktop.org.  I'll be
trying it later this week, all being well.  It's got everything from
4.4-rc3 except the stuff under the new licence, which sounds hopeful (I
seem to need something newer than 4.3 to get my radeon 9200se working).

Ken
--
 Hegel bemerkte irgendwo, daß alle großen weltgeschichtlichen Tatsachen
und Personen sich sozusagen zweimal ereignen.  Er hat vergesse,

 Marx, "Der achtzehnte Brumaire des Louis Bonaparte"