XFree-4.4.0 */me hide for rocks and debree*

remybosch at zonnet.nl remybosch at zonnet.nl
Mon Mar 1 07:39:00 PST 2004

Citeren Ronald Hummelink <maillist at hummelink.xs4all.nl>:
> The reasons for upgrading to 4.4 from the changelog are extremely
> minimal. (Explain to me why the New for 4.4 features page is for ~60%
> xterm, a seperate project). There seems to have been very very little
> development over the last year. The gain in upgrading does in my humble
> opinion not outweigh the other arguments.

Normaly one would expect 4.3.1 or so for such things... (IMO)

> Do we have mirrors providing BLFS sources, this is a hazy (legal) area
> according to senior gentoo people?

I thought only transferring the code from one base to another was restricted -
like X11 -> kernel fb - due to license reasons. It was not about distributing.
Becose of the license restricting freedom to copy (or steal) code, they don't
want to risk violating the X11/GNU license by accident.

Greetings,

R. Bosch

Zon Gratis ADSL. De voordelen van gratis internet met de snelheid van
ADSL. Zonder abonnementskosten en zonder vast contract. Je betaalt
alleen voor de tijd online. Nu zonder aansluitkosten en met gratis
modem. Bestel snel op zonnet.nl.