/etc/sysconfig/createfiles Nitpick

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jun 21 19:39:28 PDT 2004

On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 09:20:12PM -0500, Randy McMurchy wrote:

> I suppose I was too focused on keeping the original instructions
> intact.

Has anyone mentioned what validity there is in the #Begin and #End
comments? I strip those first thing as they are nothing but a nuisance.
If I type less /etc/profile, I'm not expecting /etc/vimrc, so why do I
need a reminder of what file I'm looking at? If we drop the extraneous
cruft (at least the #End) then all problems are solved here, aren't
they?

--
Archaic

The difference between death and taxes is death doesn't get worse every
time Congress meets

- Will Rogers