Restructuring BLFS XML

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jun 8 18:02:31 PDT 2004

Randy McMurchy wrote:

> I just read Kevin's post, but I'm not sure it really applies to
> the BLFS book, as none of the entitites Bruce mentions above are
> cross-package used. There are no chapters in BLFS which duplicate,
> or require any previous instructions.

Well, if the BLFS book is going to undergo major changes, one of the
changes I'd like to see is that packages that are present in two
chapters (openssl, rsync, etc.) actually have complete instructions in
both chapters. I can't really say why I'd prefer to see it that way
(other than my own BLFS build profile has it that way), but if this was
done then there would be cross-chapter usage of the same entities.

However, this idea might be completely without merit <G>, in which case
the cross-chapter entity stuff is not an issue.