tcp_wrappers 7.6

Jeremy Huntwork jeremy at jenacon.net
Fri Jun 4 07:16:39 PDT 2004

I'm not quite sure which list this belongs in - I guess it's really a
BLFS concern, but since the error was produced on a BELFS system, I
thought lfs-hackers might appreciate the note.

Anyway, when compiling tcp_wrappers_7.6 on my BELFS system which is
based on CVS-20040524, I ran into the following error:

"scaffold.c:28: error: conflicting types for 'malloc'"

The solution was to comment out line 28 which reads:
"extern char *malloc();"
and replace with:
"#include <stdib.h>"

A note I read said this error occurs because of ANSI expectations of the
compiler - so does that make it strictly a compiler issue or is it the
change in libraries?

--
Jeremy Huntwork
http://www.jenacon.net