BLFS "Basic Networking Utilities"
LFS-User at mcmurchy.com
Tue Jun 1 05:20:20 PDT 2004
"This chapter contains some tools that come in handy
when the network need some investigating"
s/some //g also s/need/needs/
1. "Adjusts the Makefile so that the program"
s/Makefile/Makefile created by the configure script/
2. "Installs traceroute with UID set to root"
3. "problem such as a buffer overflow were ever found"
s/were/was/ I think it's singular/plural disagreement.
4. "Removing the SUID permission of course also makes it
"Of course" should probably be at the beginning of the
5. "Now, to be completely FHS compliant, as is our aim,"
Better as: "Our aim is to be completely FHS compliant, so"
6. "showing all the intermediate steps (routers) along the
s/routers/gateways/ is probably more technically correct
1. "GTK+-1.2.10 (for building the front-end)"
Perhaps insert "graphical" before "front-end" also
GTK+-1.2.10 should be a recommended dependency. With the
GUI front end, the program is 10 times better.
2. "The Nmap package contains nmap."
Personal opinion only: the sentence should also include
"and optionally nmapfe (graphical front end).
1. "The Whois package contains whois ."
Remove the space before the end-of-sentence period.
1. "Command explanations" use a different tag than the
majority of the book.
More information about the blfs-dev