Update to current packages or PLFS first?

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Apr 30 10:46:14 PDT 2003

On April 30, 2003 08:53 am, Mark Hymers wrote:
> I'm sure there was something fairly widespread that needed it - it slips
> my memory what it is though :-)

The kernel used to use bin86 I believe but that hasn't been true (if at all)
for a very long time.

I see more and more packages use nasm these days instead of bin86. Yesterday I
was working on compiling some video software that suggested I install nasm to
optimize things (maybe it was transcode or vcdimager).

--
Gerard Beekmans
http://linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org