Woe is Me: Thoughts on X

Jeroen Coumans jeroencoumans at gmx.net
Sat Apr 19 04:54:49 PDT 2003

Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Interesting.  Looks like 4.4 is getting near.  Do you have any more info
> on that.  It was a long time between 4.2 and 4.3, but its only been a
> little more than a month since 4.3.
>
> Also BLFS has been frozen at 4.3, so it would have to be a future
> release anyway.
>  -- Bruce

No, I don't think a release is getting near, it's just the way they
number development releases. There used to be a document on
http://www.xfree86.org which described how they tag versions but I can't
find it right now.
There has been talk about breaking up XFree86 in seperate modules which
can be released independently, like drivers, but sofar nothing concrete
has been put forward.

--
Groeten/Greetings
Jeroen Coumans