Status and Plans

Larry Lawrence larry at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Apr 16 12:01:56 PDT 2003

I am closing in slowly on the final compile tests, however one of them is
fourteen hours long.  Found some problems in gnome-1.4 and multimedia, but
will have those ironed out tonight.

I plan on releasing 1.0-rc1 tonight.  That doesn't change anything on
development side, but it puts a snapshot on the web page.  At a minimum, I
will use the built system though next Monday looking for anything that isn't
right.  I did some of that after the desktops were installed and I don't
anticipate any problems.

At that point, I can print and read the verbage and clear out any problems
remaining there, so should release a few days after Monday.  Last call on
author's verbage changes, be done by Saturday.

Larry

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org