init scripts

Archaic archaic at indy.rr.com
Tue Apr 15 06:00:47 PDT 2003

On Tue, Apr 15, 2003 at 02:52:19AM -0700, Michael A. Peters wrote:

> stop)
> 	if [ -f /var/run/sshd.pid ]; then
> 		echo "Stopping SSH Daemon..."
> 		killproc /usr/sbin/sshd
> 	fi
> 	;;
>
> The daemon goes down when the sendsignals script is run, so it isn't
> running anymore when it gets sent the stop argument when shutting the
> machine down.
>
> Having it check for the PID file before it brings it down will get rid
> of the ATTN flag when the shutdown/reboot process tries to stop it.

Just lower the number on the sshd script, or raise the number of the
sendsignals script. Sometimes when various changes happen in LFS, the
more innocuous things slip past the editors. I'll forward this to
blfs-dev as they are preparing a stable release version now.

--
Archaic

--
It would be thought a hard government that should tax its people one
tenth part.

- Benjamin Franklin

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org