about XFree and GPM, for those interested...

Jeroen Coumans jeroencoumans at gmx.net
Thu Apr 3 03:37:47 PST 2003

Axel wrote:
> interested by tuning X:
<snip>

I have two mice defined; the touchpad in my laptop and the USB mouse I
plugin. The touchpad is controlled by gpm but isn't affected by this bug
AFAIK because the USB mouse is defined as Core Pointer. Relevant
XF86Config section:

Section "ServerLayout"
         Identifier              "LFS-4.0"
         Screen          0       "Screen0"       0       0
         InputDevice             "Mouse0"        "SendCoreEvents"
         InputDevice             "Mouse1"        "CorePointer"
         InputDevice             "Keyboard0"     "CoreKeyboard"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
         Identifier  "Mouse0"
         Driver      "mouse"
         Option      "Protocol"  "Auto"
         #Option     "Device"    "/dev/misc/psaux"
         Option          "Device"        "/dev/gpmdata"
         Option      "Emulate3Buttons"   "No"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
         Identifier      "Mouse1"
         Driver          "mouse"
         Option          "Protocol"      "IMPS/2"
         Option          "Device"        "/dev/input/mice"
         Option          "Buttons"       "5"
         Option          "ZAxisMapping"  "4 5"
         Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "No"
EndSection

--
Groeten/Greetings
Jeroen Coumans