r7921 - trunk/BOOK/pst/xml

Guy Dalziel krendoshazin at dementedfury.org
Sat Aug 1 03:43:40 PDT 2009

On Sat, Aug 01, 2009 at 04:30:43AM -0600, wblaszcz at linuxfromscratch.org wrote:
>      <para>If you downloaded the optional documentation tarball, unpack it
> -    when you unpack the source tarball. The documentation tarball unpacks into
> -    a <filename class='directory'>doc</filename> subdirectory of the source
> -    tree.</para>
> +    with the following command:</para>

> +

I fail to see why this is necessary. I would expect anyone who visits
the BLFS book to at least know how to unpack a tarball. The only times
it is really used is when we want to unpack the tarball to another
directory, i.e., /usr/share/ghostscript/fonts. There has to be a balance
between providing too much information and providing too little.