[Patch: RFC] Log new files

M.Canales.es macana at macana-es.com
Fri Apr 27 11:00:17 PDT 2007

El Viernes, 27 de Abril de 2007 00:41, Dan Nicholson escribió:

> One of these days we should start doing the role="install" markup in
> the book like we talked about so long ago. That would prevent things
> like searching for a command named "make install", but not "make
> install-libs". My XSL-fu is worse, but I think that it's possible to
> have a stylesheet that says "if role="install" and it's the first one,
> insert this line before it".

Yes, that type of tagging can help to avoid having to search for hardcoded
commands text strings like in that case, but not for other cases like the
strings manipulation done when handling the test-suites flavours, for
example.

> I bought an XSLT book a while back with my main motivation being
> intelligent stylesheets for LFS/jhalfs, but I didn't get too far
> before being distracted. :)

The best way to learn XML/XSLT is reading the code and playing with it. The
manuals are good to consult how to solve some issue, but are very boring to
read.

Well, when I have a dude, I go directly to the W3C specifications, that are
more boring ;-)

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia