[Patch: RFC] Log new files

M.Canales.es macana at macana-es.com
Thu Apr 26 15:22:40 PDT 2007

El Jueves, 26 de Abril de 2007 23:41, Matthew Burgess escribió:

> 1) The `touch timestamp-marker' command ends up in lfs-commands/chapter0*/*
> whereas these scripts appear to match the book's instructions exactly.  I'm
> not sure if anyone will have concerns over those scripts now diverging from
> the book.

If making it an optional feature don't should have concerns. After all, it
only insert an extra touch command that don't afect the actual build
commands. More intrussive was the PACO patch

> 2) It touches 'timestamp-marker' in chapter 5 packages as well. While this
> doesn't cause any problems, it's unnecessary.  My XSL-fu is far from
> proficient so I wasn't sure how to prevent this from happening.

That is very easy to solve ;-)

> 3) The functionality can't be turned off.  It'd probably be better if this
> were included in the options that control the disk usage and SBU reports,
> but I haven't got around to grokking the Kconfig syntax yet.

Also easy. Just need to add a "config" status to set a variable used for a new
--stringparam option passed to xsltproc when generating the scripts.

> I'd love to see this, or some other approach to installed-file logging
> available in Jhalfs.  Comments welcome.

I will look at it this weekend.

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia