kernel-headers + jhalfs

Thomas Trepl ttrepl at yahoo.de
Mon Sep 18 14:24:28 PDT 2006

Hi,

On Monday 18 September 2006 23:04, George Boudreau wrote:
> Thomas Trepl wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > when using the (new) kernel headers of the kernel package (2.6.18+), i
> > think the common/common-functions needs to be adjusted in the way that
> > the kernel tarball gets allways copied - not only if we have a config
> > file specified (that is round about line 830ff).  Am i right?
>
>    jhalfs-1.0 has the parameter
>     GETKERNEL={0/1)
>    which forces a download/transfer of the kernel even if the 'config'
> is not defined.
>
>    The SVN version has a menu selection
> + General Settings
>    +-> Retrieve Source Files
>        +-> Always retrieve kernel package

Thanks George, I'll have a look to that options - and do an update of the
local copy.  Anyway, i think at least the defaults will need to be adjusted,
don't you think so? But it's not quite essential...

ah, before i forget, just a suggestion:  Is it possible to rename the
{B,C,H,}LFS directories to {B,C,H,}LFS.d ?  I have exported the jhalfs
installation and my software conglomeration via Samba (ok, a bit weird, but
it works well so far). On the client side, i had a lot of trouble with that
duplicate names of the scripts symlink and the dir (lfs<-->LFS). After i
patched the master.sh and renamed the dirs, i was able to start on my
laptop...  Just a thought.

BTW, that jhalfs is a great tool!

Cu
Thomas