HLFS

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Sep 16 12:22:11 PDT 2006

El Sábado, 16 de Septiembre de 2006 20:23, George Boudreau escribió:
> Manuel
>   I am still working on the HLFS scripts and noticed the 'restart' code
> no longer works. Robert rearranged the kernfs and devices code and I
> missed it.

Well, I'm yet testing the LFS code.

Until now it looks very good and the generated system (before my
create-sbu_du-report and iteration changes) is identical to a system created
by jhalfs-trunk after comparing both using ICA/farce.

>   I don't think a simple 'mount /proc , /sys, /dev' will work anymore.
> If we want the ability to restart an interrupted build after a reboot
> the restart code will need a complete rewrite.

The restart code is a cool feature, but I don't know how many useful it is
actually :-?

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia