jhalfs-trunk problems?

David Barron dlbarron at nc.rr.com
Thu Sep 14 18:23:13 PDT 2006

George Boudreau wrote:
> David Barron wrote:
>> I'm trying the jhalfs-trunk for the first time and I'm running into
>> something I don't know how to get around.  I've encountered it for a
>> couple of things but for example let's say I want to build ntp from
>> the BLFS svn edition.  I select ntp in the menu and exit.  I get
>> asked if what I've selected is right and I type yes, etc etc etc.
>>
>> Finally I get this:
>>
>> Generating ntp dependencies tree...
>> ...done
>> Generating ntp-index.xml ...done
>> Generating <ntp> HTML book from <blfs-xml>
>> xml files ...make: *** [menuconfig] Error 5
>>
>> Did I miss a dependency?
>>
>   my mistake.. jhalfs/BLFS is not broken.. I am :-)
>   I was able to run the scripts with no problem and generate a ntp
> Makefile.
>   Did you see a ntp directory inside the $HOME/blfs-root directory?

Yes, I've got an ntp directory inside blfs-root.  It's got an empty
dependencies directory, ntp-index.xml and xslproc.log.  The log file
contains some interesting stuff:

I/O error : Attempt to load network entity
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/1.69.1/xhtml/docbook.xsl
warning : failed to load external entity
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/1.69.1/xhtml/docbook.xsl
compilation error: file ../blfs-xml/stylesheets/blfs-chunked.xsl line 8
xsl: import : unable to load

There are similar errors for chunck-common.xsl, Manifest.xsl and
chunk-code.xsl

I was going to send the files to you but I don't have email going on my
LFS machine yet, or any way to move the files to Windows.  Kind of a
pain actually.