testing-CD profile

Daniel Baumann daniel.baumann at panthera-systems.net
Thu Sep 30 05:17:31 PDT 2004

Hi,

I did yesterday a build of the testing-CD profile. Some things are still
unclear to me:

. wouldn't it be nice to have a profile for a cdrom, which creates the
cdrom fully automatic, resulting in a iso-image?

. why not ship a 'default-all-inclusive'-kernel with it (experienced
users and those who need/want to, can change it anyways. I suggest to
use config/linux-config and a note, that one can replace this file if
needed)?

. why not use the ftp.linuxfromscratch.org servers as download locations
  (I guess, the download of the packages would be not that much as long
as the most people don't rebuild the cd but rather use it to build lfs
from it)?

Maybe, some things are already discussed somewhere else, I appologize
for not having read all of the other boot-cd threads so carefully.

Regards,
Daniel

Email:          daniel.baumann at panthera-systems.net