BLFS profile status and nALFS update

Joachim Beckers jbeckers at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Sep 19 04:53:45 PDT 2004

Hi,

jazernorth wrote:
> Thomas Pegg wrote:
>> 5.1 is basically ready anyway, we've just been testing it to make sure
>> it works like it should. Joachim and I we're discussing doing some sort
>> of a prerelease of the profile, before doing a final release, then 5.1
>> is done and over with at that point.
>>
> So where do we find this BLFS-5.1 profile?  I know that it would be
> test/unstable.

As thomas said, we're still discussing some kind of pre-release.
Personally I feel the profile isn't ready to be released yet, and it
might still take some time until it's ready.

If you do want to test what we have right now, checkout the svn-version
of the profile (svn co
svn://svn.linuxfromscratch.org/ALFS/profiles/BLFS/branches/5.1). And
please don't forget to report any bugs you might find.

--
Joachim Beckers
Reg. Linux user -- #328931 -- http://counter.li.org/