BLFS profile status and nALFS update

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Sep 16 20:31:45 PDT 2004

Joachim Beckers wrote:

> I suggest we create a 5.1 branch (in case anyone ever needs it) right
> now, and start migrating to 6.0. Hence we can concentrate on 6.0 and
> start using the dtd-3.2 syntax (and any possible new features in
> nALFS-1.3).

In the absence of discussion, I've gone ahead and done this. There is
now a BLFS-5.1 branch, and the main BLFS profile trunk can start moving
to BLFS-SVN (will be BLFS-6.0).

I will begin merging my local updates in over the next few days;
everyone else is welcome to jump in as well. I would suggest holding off
on using any DTD-3.2 syntax for about a week or so, until I have time to
produce an nALFS-1.3 beta.