BLFS profile problems

Joachim Beckers jbeckers at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Sep 1 08:15:42 PDT 2004

Hi,

People who read the profile mailinglist probably already know that we're
updating the BLFS profile for BLFS 5.1. AFAIK we're almost ready. I'm
currently doing a testbuild to track down and fix the latest problems.

I've found two problems of which I'm not really sure how to fix them:

1. During the build of GTK-Perl (a perl module installed in chapter 12)
I found out that it needs gtk+/gtk+2 (not sure which one), but the book
doesn't specify this. I don't mind adding a <requires>gtk+</requires> to
the profile, but I tought I'd ask for opinions.

2. When one specifies CFLAGS or CXXFLAGS like -march=athlon-xp the
gcc295 build fails because gcc295 doesn't know about athlon-xp. We can
resolve this a) by setting CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS to "" before the gcc295
build (but that would also eliminate the flags that gcc295 does support)
or b) by adding an entity GCC295-OPTIMIZATION-FLAGS that contains the
correct flags. What's the best thing to do?

--
Joachim Beckers
Reg. Linux user -- #328931 -- http://counter.li.org/