nALFS patch

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Oct 29 09:49:08 PST 2003

Gerard Beekmans wrote:

> The first hunk is new-download.c which looks like current download.c but
> I'm not sure. There are changes though.

This appears to be Vassili's new-download handler, which is incorporated
into nALFS now (with improvements as well).

> The second hunk changes a stat call to lstat. I had to do this to get it
> to remove an orphaned symlink. 'stat' said it didn't exist (the
> destination that is) but lstat didn't actually resolve the link and just
> looked at the symlink itself. Or so I understood it anyways, it's been a
> while since I made this change.

This looks like it might be a good idea, otherwise there'd be no way to
<remove> a symlink that pointed to a non-existent target. Your analysis
of what the patch does is correct.

I would enter a Bugzilla entry for this one (just describe it as
"<remove> can't remove a dangling symlink" and we'll let Neven jump in
with his opinion about the fix.