alternate configuration file

James Robertson jwrober at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Oct 29 08:55:36 PST 2003

Gerard Beekmans wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Are there plans on adding a command line option to specify an alternate
> configuration file?

Along these lines, what is the default location of a "global" conf file.
  I would think it should be in /etc like most tools do. If we add code
in to check /etc for one and then ~/ for one and make decisions on which
one to use, plus the option to completely overwrite that with a command
line option like what G just suggested should pretty much handle all
possible scenarios.

James