LFS book profiles?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Oct 28 18:02:40 PST 2003

Gerard Beekmans wrote:

> Hiya,
>
> So there are BLFS profiles in $CVSROOT/ALFS/profiles/ but where is the
> profile for the LFS book itself?

As Neven already replied, there is a 5.0-pre2 profile available for
download (but not currently in CVS). I have communicated with the author
and he thinks he might have his profiles updated to 5.0-pre3 in a few
days, at which time those could be put in place of the -pre2 profiles.

It does make sense to move these into CVS, someone just needs to make
the "executive decision" as to whose profiles are going to be the
starting point. While I like Gerard's profiles (and started from those
myself), I think the "official" profiles should stick to just what's in
the book, so they don't need the conditional logic or any of that stuff.