Organization Documents Version 0.1 Open for Discussion

Bill Maltby, LFS Organizational bill at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Oct 23 14:52:45 PDT 2003

Trying to keep this as short as possible and with minimal
cross-posts.

Preferred: post comments to the wiki pages (follow the instructions
there).

If you must: Replies *only* to <lfs-dev at linuxfromscratch.org> please!

If you have an interest in Lfs Organization, there are 2 ways to
see the documents. First is obtain your own txt files:

- Download from:
  <http://linuxfromscratch.org/~bill/LfsOrg/LfsOrgDocs-0.1.tar.bz2>
  <http://linuxfromscratch.org/~bill/LfsOrg/LfsOrgDocs-0.1.tar.gz>
  <http://linuxfromscratch.org/~bill/LfsOrg/TextFiles/>

View it on the LFS Wiki at

<http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/index.php?pagename=Organization%20Documents>

If you view the wiki, forgive my inexperience please.

Organization startup is difficult at best - maximal tolerance, good
humor and consideration for all involved is *required.

I will collect and collate comments, summarize them and do my best
to keep everything integrated on the wiki. After about 1 week, I
will stop collecting mailing list posts and respond only on the
wiki. If you have enough interest to want to participate after that,
you'll have enough interest to learn to draw a dashed line (---- on
a line by itself) and add your comments there.

After a short period (2 - 3 weeks?), I will post once again to these
lists so that those who "missed all the action" can have their last
shot at tearing down what has been produced.

Private mails on this topic are generally to be avaoided!

Keep in mind that we must strive to operate more effectively and
that this set of docs only provides a *foundation* for many more to
follow. Most will be generated by the affected teams, bearing in
mind the tenets in this first set of docs.

--
Bill Maltby,
LFS Organizational