nALFS GNU build system merge is complete

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Oct 22 07:17:22 PDT 2003

Neven Has wrote:

> When using:
>
>     ./configure --prefix=/home/neven --enable-static --disable-shared
>
> just after (successful) linking, I get:
>
>   ./libtool: src/.libs/src/nALFS.exp: No such file or directory

Yes, I have seen this too, need to report it to the libtool people.
Thanks for reminding me.

> Also, when linking statically and making a change to a handler, nALFS
> won't be recompiled.  Only the handler will, which is not even used.

That's a weird one, I'll have to check that out.

> And the last, minor thing -- "make distclean" doesn't remove (empty)
> ".deps/" and "src/.libs/" directories.

Libtool's "distclean" functionality has a lot of flaws, this being one
of them. For a while I was fighting a problem where it didn't clean up
properly and "make distcheck" would fail... At least these leftovers
are "hidden" directories and don't really affect the user. As long as
you actually use "make dist" to make a tarball instead of tarring up
the source tree after a "make distclean" things will go just fine.