nALFS GNU build system merge is complete

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Oct 21 10:26:29 PDT 2003

Gerard Beekmans wrote:

> make that 'sh ./bootstrap'. Execute permissions aren't preserved in CVS
> due to a script that runs every so often that checks to make sure all
> files are chowned and chgrped properly. I can add bootstrap to the list
> of executable files. We'll have to revise the script one of these days a
> bit. Up until now we didn't have to deal with executable files much so
> we never thought to preserve those bits.

No problem, I will update the hacker's guide docs to use "sh
./bootstrap" instead, don't worry about the executable bits. It's
safer to leave it that way.

> Makefile.am:22: src_nALFS_CPPFLAGS was already defined in condition
> TRUE, which implies condition STATIC_BUILD_FALSE
>   src_nALFS_CPPFLAGS (User, where = Makefile.am:22) +=
>   {
>     TRUE => $(XML2_INCLUDES) $(AM_CPPFLAGS)
>   }
> Makefile.am:21: src_nALFS_LDFLAGS was already defined in condition TRUE,
> which implies condition STATIC_BUILD_TRUE
>   src_nALFS_LDFLAGS (User, where = Makefile.am:21) +=
>   {
>     TRUE => -dlopen self
>   }

That does look like an old automake version problem, I will be
interested to see what happens after you update. Let me know what the
failing version was, so that can go into the docs as well. I built
this all using automake-1.7.7, then tested against 1.7.8 and CVS.