nALFS GNU build system merge is complete

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Oct 21 09:52:04 PDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-10-21 at 10:42, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> out the CVS code, you will need to run "./bootstrap" in the nALFS

make that 'sh ./bootstrap'. Execute permissions aren't preserved in CVS
due to a script that runs every so often that checks to make sure all
files are chowned and chgrped properly. I can add bootstrap to the list
of executable files. We'll have to revise the script one of these days a
bit. Up until now we didn't have to deal with executable files much so
we never thought to preserve those bits.

For what it's worth here's the output of my bootstrap run:

gerard at lorien~/tmp/ALFS/nALFS$ sh ./bootstrap
You should update your `aclocal.m4' by running aclocal.
Putting files in AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR, `gnubuild'.
configure.ac:17: `automake requires `AM_CONFIG_HEADER', not
`AC_CONFIG_HEADER'
configure.ac: installing `gnubuild/install-sh'
configure.ac: installing `gnubuild/mkinstalldirs'
configure.ac: installing `gnubuild/missing'
Makefile.am:22: src_nALFS_CPPFLAGS was already defined in condition
TRUE, which implies condition STATIC_BUILD_FALSE
  src_nALFS_CPPFLAGS (User, where = Makefile.am:22) +=
  {
    TRUE => $(XML2_INCLUDES) $(AM_CPPFLAGS)
  }
Makefile.am:21: src_nALFS_LDFLAGS was already defined in condition TRUE,
which implies condition STATIC_BUILD_TRUE
  src_nALFS_LDFLAGS (User, where = Makefile.am:21) +=
  {
    TRUE => -dlopen self
  }
Makefile.am: installing `gnubuild/compile'
Makefile.am: installing `gnubuild/depcomp'
autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1
patching file ltmain.sh
Hunk #1 succeeded at 160 with fuzz 2 (offset -78 lines).
Hunk #2 succeeded at 269 with fuzz 1.
Hunk #3 succeeded at 4483 (offset -1172 lines).

I may not have the latest autoconf and automake versions which might
explain some of the errors. I'll upgrade them in a bit and try again.

--
Gerard Beekmans
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org