[CFT] nALFS-1.2.0-gnubuild-pre3

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Oct 15 19:05:06 PDT 2003

Neven Has wrote:

> Why including this in the package, how common is libtool?

The ltdl library is what allows the final executable to be able to use preloaded
handlers (nearly) transparently. It handles the symbol naming and such.

> I get a core dump when doing this.  Well, I get it when not doing this
> as well. :)
>
> In load_all_handlers(), NULL prefix is given to load_handler() when
> lookup_symbol().

Yep, sorry about that, found that bug this morning, among some others.

> Actually, loading handlers from HANDLERS_DIRECTORY shouldn't be
> performed at all when handlers are compiled in.

Correct, I have already done that as well.

> Also, it would be nice to have a configure option that will do all
> above things when user wants to have a self-contained executable.  And
> then skip installing handlers all together.

That's my plan, I have to figure out how to get autoconf to do what I want. I'm
pretty close, hopefully by this weekend these final issues will be ironed out.