[CFT] nALFS-1.2.0-gnubuild-pre3

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Wed Oct 15 14:40:23 PDT 2003

On Sun, Oct 12, 2003 at 06:14:29PM -0700, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> - src/handlers.c has been converted to use ltdl.c (libtool's dynamic

Why including this in the package, how common is libtool?

> - static builds of nALFS are available with this version. the "simple"
> static build requires the addition of "--enable-static
> --disable-shared" to the configure command line. this produces an
> nALFS executable with the library and all handlers included in the
> binary itself, but the binary will still depend on outside shared
> libraries (libc, libxml2, libcurl/libssl if they are used, etc). to
> make a completely static binary, use LDFLAGS="-all-static" on the make
> command line (in addition to the configure options above). this
> produces an nALFS binary that needs no shared libraries at all.

I get a core dump when doing this.  Well, I get it when not doing this
as well. :)

In load_all_handlers(), NULL prefix is given to load_handler() when
lookup_symbol().

Actually, loading handlers from HANDLERS_DIRECTORY shouldn't be
performed at all when handlers are compiled in.

Also, it would be nice to have a configure option that will do all
above things when user wants to have a self-contained executable.  And
then skip installing handlers all together.

Neven