Managing required packages in nALFS

Vassili Dzuba vassilidzuba at nerim.net
Sun Sep 29 13:03:32 PDT 2002

Hi,

Well, do as you prefer of course...

AFAIK, my patches don't break anything, but i'm not sure they are
"production quality" either.
For instance, I didn't look very carefully at the command interface
so that the patches are activated only by a parameter in the command line,
but cannot be activated when running the application (or, if they
can it's without my knowledge...).

There are a few more  patches that i would like to implement (or see somebody implement):

- a conditional execution (with  a tag <if>)
- a attribute or subelement of <unpack> that contains the checksum of the archive,
  so that we could check its validity befor unpacking

I'll wait for the next version of nALFS before looking at it.

Recently, i have been occupied mostly with writing a BLFS profile (it contains about
100 packages now).

Vassili Dzuba