Managing required packages in nALFS

Vassili Dzuba vassilidzuba at nerim.net
Mon Sep 16 10:56:34 PDT 2002

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002 09:50:20 +0000 (UTC)
jamie_bennett at pcpmicro.co.uk (Jamie Bennett) wrote:

> [...]

The problem is that the code of the different patches touch
the same files, so it would be difficult to apply several patches if
each started from the original version (or the command patch
is more magical that i thought)

>   I could install patches one at a time and diff them but separate
> patches would be helpful. Another reason is that some people may
> only require certain added functionality i.e. I don't think I would
> use the bash generation patch but I have to install it if I want to
> use the other additions.

The last patch includes all the previous one, so that it is quite
easy to apply them all, and each functionality is activated by an
option in the command line. Of course, it is always possible that a bug
in one of the patches has consequences in the normal behaviour of nALFS.