Managing required packages in nALFS

Jamie Bennett jamie_bennett at pcpmicro.co.uk
Mon Sep 16 02:27:29 PDT 2002

  I presume that we must include all xml profiles in our install
file for it to find the dependencies? This would have the downside
of listing all profiles on the screen and making you search the
list for the one you want to install. Small price to pay for
the added functionality though so I don't mind too much :)

> If you don't want to have an all-encompassing profile (which
> doesn't mean a single file !), it is probably possible to use a
> "load-on-demand" mechanism where you load the profile you need and
> graft it on the existing XML tree. I don't know well libxml2
>interface, but it should be possible with making only quite localized
>modifications in nALFS code.

   This is what I was hoping for, but I am still learning libxml2
also.

> Vassili

- Jamie Bennett     - 18 St Peters Terrace - jamie at linuxuk.org -
- Software Engineer - Lower Bristol Road   -                   -
- PCP Microproducts - Bath, England        -                   -
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org