Managing required packages in nALFS

Jamie Bennett jamie_bennett at pcpmicro.co.uk
Fri Sep 13 06:40:08 PDT 2002

  Just been thinking about this one as I'm half way through one of
my own patches. What happens if for example gmp has its own
dependencies? nALFS could complain that librep needs gmp but
ideally it should complain that it needs gmp _and_ whatever
gmp depends on.

  This would require recursively traversing profiles which opens
up a whole new can of worms :( I'm trying to have a go at this one
but its not as easy as I first thought (or maybe I can't see the
easy way of doing it).

>Vassili Dzuba

- Jamie Bennett     - 18 St Peters Terrace - jamie at linuxuk.org -
- Software Engineer - Lower Bristol Road   -                   -
- PCP Microproducts - Bath, England        -                   -
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org