Automatic download

Jamie Bennett jamie_bennett at pcpmicro.co.uk
Thu Sep 12 07:39:32 PDT 2002

Should be an easy change but I cannot for the life of me think
of any really useful applications for this apart from your
bash script building.

> One thing I would like to happen in the ALFS realm is some
> convergence of the DTDs,
> with the definition of an "official" DTD. I used nALFS (that
> seems to me a very fine tool)
> to generate a LFS configuration and i'm currently working on
> a BLFS profile,
> but i would prefer that the other tools (Mark Ellis's perl
> implementation and halfling)
> be fully interoperable. So, if the people on the list are not
> too tired of these discussions,
> i think it's maybe time to start them again ;-).

This is most definitely needed. There is no point writing profiles
for one alfs implementation and then having to change/tweak them
to work with another. If there is enough interest we should
decide on the official syntax pretty soon as LFS and BLFS
become more recognised. Maybe propose a draft syntax that we can
all comment on? Neven? Vassilli? Mark?

> Vassili Dzuba

- Jamie Bennett     - 18 St Peters Terrace - jamie at linuxuk.org -
- Software Engineer - Lower Bristol Road   -                   -
- PCP Microproducts - Bath, England        -                   -
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org