Automatic download

Vassili Dzuba vassilidzuba at nerim.net
Wed Sep 11 11:01:11 PDT 2002

On Wed, 11 Sep 2002 14:44:29 +0000 (UTC)
jamie_bennett at pcpmicro.co.uk (Jamie Bennett) wrote:

> [...]

Hi,

Thanks for your appreciation of my patches ;-)

Well, i think that the second (automatic download) and the third (check that
some package has been build) are quite useful but need some improvement
with respect to the user interface.

The first (generation of bash script) is an awfull hack that I would prefer
not to be integrated in the "official" release before I (or somebody else)
had the opportunity to rewrite before it is integrated, even if it can be used
as a "proof of concept". In fact, i would like to be able to specify at run-time
a category of element handlers (the concept already exists but it is driven
by the "version" attribute of the <afls> element. If we implement this, one could
have a set of handlers to execute the profile (the actual new-* handlers),
and a new set to build the bash script, and maybe other sets for as yet undetermined
purposes.

One thing I would like to happen in the ALFS realm is some convergence of the DTDs,
with the definition of an "official" DTD. I used nALFS (that seems to me a very fine tool)
to generate a LFS configuration and i'm currently working on a BLFS profile,
but i would prefer that the other tools (Mark Ellis's perl implementation and halfling)
be fully interoperable. So, if the people on the list are not too tired of these discussions,
i think it's maybe time to start them again ;-).
BTW I'm volunteering to update my DTD documentation according to this official ALFS DTD when
it becomes available...

Vassili Dzuba

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org