another problem in LFS-20020708

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Wed Sep 11 07:18:20 PDT 2002

On Sat, Aug 24, 2002 at 01:27:16AM +0200, Vassili Dzuba wrote:
> But we created /usr/src as root, and never changed the permissions on
> /mnt/lfs/usr/src, so that the creation of
> /mnt/lfs/usr/src/packages-20020708 as user lfs fails.

Hm, right. I have never noticed this before as usr/src has always been
created group-writable here, so lfs (having "root" as a supplementary
group, which is probably wrong BTW) didn't have problems creating new
directories in it.

> To be able to run the script, i changed manually the permissions of
> /mnt/lfs/usr/src to 777, but we should maybe use a more elegant
> solution

Maybe just create that usr/src as lfs, and at the end change its user
to root? But that's not a lot prettier neither.

Neven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org