Managing required packages in nALFS

Vassili Dzuba vassili.dzuba at wanadoo.fr
Wed Sep 11 04:50:05 PDT 2002

Hi,

"Jamie Bennett" <jamie_bennett at pcpmicro.co.uk> a écrit dans le message de
news: 2130109F889CD5119FAD0050BA6F2D6B064ADA at SERVER...

(snip)

> >- add a ID attribute to the packages, that should normally be the
> >  name of the package
>

> Can we not already use the package name combined with the version for
> this?

We might, albeit there is always the possibility that the name+version does
not uniquely define the package (e.g. chapter 5 vs chapter 6 packages in
LFS),
but we could indeed use the name+version as a default.

I proposed an attribute ID because it is the most straightforward way to
address
an element in XML, but of course many others ways are possible.

(snip)

Vassili

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org