vassili's blfs profile

Vassili Dzuba vassilidzuba at nerim.net
Sun Sep 8 10:27:49 PDT 2002

On Sat, 7 Sep 2002 22:20:09 +0000 (UTC)
ch_dupre at yahoo.com (Christophe Dupré) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have installed LFS 3.3 and I am now trying to
> install the BLFS packages using Vasilli's profiles.
> I'm trying to install the chapter 8 libraries.
> Openssl, pcre, and popt are fine but then, slang,
> libfan, etc... are not. They all fail with the "No
> such file or directory" error. What I don't get is why
> I get this error because the files are present?
>
> Christophe

Hi,

I put a new version of my BLFS profile on my site, with some bugs corrected.
I haven't tested everything yet. For the time being I compiled using the profile
the following packages :

bash_profile
bc
cpio
curl
cvs
dhcpcd
gdbm
glib
glib2
gmp
gpm
hdparm
joe
lcms
libfam
libjpeg
libmng
libpng
librep
libtiff
libungif
libxml
libxml2
libxslt
nano
ncftp
nmap
openssl
pccts
pciutils
pcre
pkgconfig
popt
python
reiserfsutils
ruby
slang
tcsh
telnet
traceroute
unzip
wget
which
whois
wvstreams
xfree86
xfsprogs
zip
zsh

Slang and libfam are OK in the new profile (at least on may machine...).

BTW, i tested theses profiles using a recent CVS LFS, not LFS 3.3. I had to apply
a patch to compile libfam and wvstreams with gcc3.2. They are probably not necessary with LFS 3.3.

Vassili
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org